A Look Back At The Best Music Of 2014
2014 has been a year full of absolutely amazing music. We watched fresh new artists, such as Sam Smith, Iggy Azalea, and Hozier, take over the radio, and we also heard familiar voices sing songs to a new tune.
Sam Smith (who has the most beautifully powerful voice I have ever had the pleasure of hearing live at a concert) released his very first album In The Lonely Hour in the U.S. in June and it quickly became one of the most downloaded albums of the year. Smith’s music is so incredible that he has been nominated for six Grammys this year!
Not only did we see awesome new artists emerge, but we also saw familiar artists experiment with other genres. During the summer, Taylor Swift completely abandoned her country roots and made a total transformation to the pop genre – and she did an absolutely flawless job in doing so! In fact, her album 1989 is one of the best pop albums of the year and has brought her three Grammy nominations this year.
So, without further ado, here are the top 14 selling songs of 2014, according to iTunes.
1. “Happy” by Pharell Williams
2. “All of Me” by John Legend
3. “Dark Horse” by Katy Perry (featuring Juicy J)
4. “Talk Dirty” by Jason Derulo (featuring 2 Chainz)
5. “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea (featuring Charli XCX)
(warning: contains explicit lyrics)
6. “Problem” by Ariana Grande (featuring Iggy Azalea)
7. “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor
8. “Let It Go” by Idina Menzel
9. “Turn Down For What” by DJ Snake & Lil Jon
10. “Rude” by MAGIC!
11. “Stay with Me” by Sam Smith
12. “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
13. “Pompeii” by Bastille
14. “Timber” by Pitbull (featuring Ke$ha)
To see the full list, you can check out iTunes’s lists of best hits of 2014.
Article by: Alissa Fairchild > Twitter